Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Tonight, it was my little one's turn for a workout.  My friend, Dianne, goes to the local Y, where they offer a zumbatonic class, which is zumba for kids!  Excellent!  She offered to take my kiddo and came by to pick her up. I didn't really know what I was going to do with my free hour, but I knew I'd be doing some sort of work out.  Once Dianne said she was going to walk the track at the Y, I got dressed to join her.

Once the kiddos were all checked in, we walked over to the 1/2 track.  It seemed like a bad omen when we got on there, and there was a dead bird.  In the middle of the track.  Very sad, and very weird.  It's not a big track, it's really just a trail-kind of like the one behind my house.  But there he was, right in the middle, and only mildly squished.  Yuck.  We walked two miles, and every time we passed the bird, it seemed like there were more and more birds gathering on the fence.  An image of the birds gathering together and following us on the trail to avenge the death of this bird started to fill my head.  (Ya, I have issues!) 

There were a few people running that passed us up.  As we were starting our 2nd mile, I felt kind of tired, and I realize that I prefer to run (or walk) on a charted route rather than a repeated track.  Maybe it tricks your mind into thinking you haven't gone as far?  I don't know.  But I do know that when I look at the maps of my runs after the fact, I really feel a sense of accomplishment as I look at the distance and it looks so far.  I just don't get the same feeling looking at a map of when I've been running in circles.  Regardless, I am happy to have gotten out with my friend and raised the heart rate a little, circles or not. =)

After we finished the two miles, we snuck into the activity room to watch the kids finish up their class.  We missed the routine portion of the class and got to watch them play a game and do some free dance.  They were so cute!  I think they all had a great time, and Dianne treated us to smoothies afterward.

It's been a good day, and a good night.  My husband's ball team is playing their tournament tonight.  He must be doing well, because he's still not home.  I don't think I'll wait up, but I'll be looking forward to seeing his new championship t-shirt in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment